…..Itsnot that hard to make…..Itsnot that hard to gross out your friends…..
You will need:
- Hot water (be careful with this, you should ask permission or help from an adult – a tea kettle works best)
- Gelatin – three teaspoons
- Corn syrup – ¼ cup
- Food coloring – one or more colors
- Fork for mixing
1. Fill half of the bowl with boiling water (be careful).
2. Add gelatin into bowl with boiling water.
3. Allow gelatin to soften before mixing.
4. Mix well with fork.
5. Add corn syrup into this mixture.
6. Add food coloring of your choice – one color or a mixture of colors.
7. Mix well with fork. As you are stirring, notice the long strands of gooiness that have formed.
8. Let sit until it thickens… or add a little bit of water, small amounts at a time, as the mixture cools to get the consistency you would like.
9. Use as required.
Mucus is made mostly of sugars and protein. Although your mixture is different than real mucus, this is what you used to make your fake snot. Corn syrup is a sugar and gelatin contains protein (and peptides). The strands you notice in your mixture are protein strands. These strands make your snot sticky and capable of stretching.